When traveling abroad, it is crucial to handle the visa procedures and residency arrangements if you plan to stay in the country for an extended period. We have some good news for you regarding this matter. Cyprus is a commonly visa-free country, which means that all nationals can visit the island with just their passports. Upon arrival, visitors are granted a three-month visa. If you wish to stay beyond the initial three months, you can apply for a residence permit based on the purpose of your stay.
Visa Application upon Arrival
Although the process is generally simple, it is wise to be prepared in advance for any additional procedures or documents that may be required during your visa application at the gate.
The following documents may be requested from non-Turkish and EU citizens upon their arrival in the country:
- Proof of Sufficient Financial Means: You must demonstrate that you have the financial resources to support yourself during your stay in the country and to cover your return journey.
- Proof of Accommodation: Provide documentation confirming your accommodation arrangements while in Cyprus.
- Purpose of Visit: Submit a document clearly and satisfactorily stating the purpose of your visit to the country.
- Internship, Course, or Student Exchange Program: If you are visiting for an internship, course, or student exchange program, you must provide supporting documentation.
- Higher Education: Those coming for higher education should present an official acceptance letter from their university.
- Family Visits: If you are visiting family, provide the name, address, telephone number, and other contact information of your host, along with an invitation letter.
- Business Travelers: Business travelers must submit an official invitation letter from a company in Cyprus.
- Touristic Purposes: If your visit is for tourism, a reservation document or rental agreement may be requested, indicating your stay duration of thirty to ninety days.
Student Residence Permit Application
Visitors enrolled in an associate, undergraduate, or graduate program in Cyprus can apply for a student residence permit using their official student certificates and other required documents.
To initiate the application process, students should follow the steps outlined on the Ministry of Internal Affairs’ website (https://icisleri.gov.ct.tr/) or seek guidance from their respective universities.
*Please note that citizens of Syria, Nigeria, and Armenia are required to apply for a visa from the embassies in their home countries before traveling to Cyprus.